Monday, March 31, 2008

My African Cichlid Aquarium




I have always enjoyed tropical fish. When I was little, my Uncle Merle and Aunt Anne had a pet store with tropical fish and parakeets. Over the years I have had assorted aquariums. All but one was fresh water. Once I had a salt water aquarium with a Lion fish. It was a beautiful fish, but he didn't live very long. I think a 15 gallon tank is too small for salt water fish.


About 2 years ago I bought a 46 gallon bow front and stocked it with African Cichlids. I have been very happy with it. We have it in the den so we can see it all the time. There are 2 good tropical fish stores in Dallas that carry African Cichlids. Here is a picture of my tank I took last year. I wonder if Gabey can count the number of fish in the picture.






2 comments:

Dorothy Aichele Conway said...

Gabey loves fish tanks!

Shari said...

that's a gorgeous picture!
gabey loves his fish tank. and i love it too. at night, i sit in with him for a little bit, and i just love watching the fish.